The Malta Rugby League (MRL) is proud to support the Maltese, rugby league and wider communities.
This support is made through attendances by players who commit their time to events despite not being contractually obliged to do so, donations of merchandise and via small monetary donations to worthy charities where the MRL sees fit.The MRL itself is a not for profit organisation and relies on similar donations from supporters, sponsors and further rugby league organisations.
The organisations that the MRL has supported recently include:
• Make-A-Wish Foundation
• BBC Children in Need Appeal
• Ordre Souverain de St.Jean de Jerusalem, Knights of Malta
• Orara Valley Axemen Rugby League Club
• Jake Borg Fundraiser for Crohn’s Disease
• Scott Parkinson Memorial Fundraiser
• James Hardie Victims Foundation
• Rugby League Heritage Centre, Huddersfield
• Patrick Galea Memorial – Cancer Council Australia
• Jason Grech Fundraiser
• Zammit Family Benefit Fund
Donations Application Procedure
All requests for donations must be emailed or posted to the MRL on an official letterhead from the requesting organisation at least four (4) weeks in advance and is asked to include the following details;
• Date of Event/Fundraiser
• Item of official merchandise being requested
• Media attention of the Event/Fundraiser
• Thank You within Event/Fundraiser Official Programme
• Other points of Interest
Unfortunately due to the number of requests the MRL receives each month, not all requests can be met. All requests that meet the above requirements will be responded to, whether successful or not.